Monday, December 14, 2015

Book Review

I meant to post this a while back but life happened. I wish sometimes that my brain could type out my blogs for me as I think them. ;-) I like New Years Resolutions (or goals)...I don't have a clue why because I don't keep any of them but I guess in my head new beginnings are encouraging. One of my goals for 2015 was to read LOTS of books (like 30!). Twenty months into this stay at home wife/mom thing and I'm still terrible at realizing how much time I have or don't have and how to use it. I'm going to tame my number down for next years' goal. Anyhow, I did FINISH a book recently and thought I'd review it a little bit.

The book was "Paper Towns" by John Green. I read "The Fault In Our Stars" and really liked it so I assumed I'd like this one too. WRONG. I really liked the plot but it didn't go anywhere at all. And the language was SO awful. Every word imaginable was used...GD, F, etc. and very crude sexual statements. I wanted to read a few more of his books this year but I'm really not getting in a hurry to do so after reading this one. I can't say that I won't give his books another try but it'll be a while!

I'm currently reading "See Me" by Nicholas Sparks. So far it's been great but Nicholas Sparks has a way of suckering me into these books that end terribly tragic. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment